Badge - Avvo, Legal. Easier.
Badge - Massachusetts Bar Association.
Badge - AILA
Badge - Federal Bar Association
Badge - United States of Appeals for the Federal Circuit

Green Cards

Green Cards Through Family Green Cards

For many immigrants and their families, the end goal of coming to the United States is to become a citizen. Anyone who wishes to pursue the path to citizenship, however, must first go through the important step of obtaining permanent residency (green card).

This can be a long, confusing and frustrating process. With an experienced lawyer to guide you and your family, it doesn't have to be. O'Neil & Hauser P.C. is a Boston, Massachusetts-based immigration law firm representing clients and families across New England. Our attorneys practice nothing but immigration and naturalization law, meaning they have spent years learning the complexity of the law — and how to help guide you and your family through it.

Our firm offers translation services in multiple languages and can begin working on your case the moment you call our office at 617-426-8100.

How We Can Help You Or A Loved One Obtain Permanent Residency

The immigration system allows both U.S. citizens and current green card holders to bring certain family members to the United States and obtain permanent residency.

For U.S. citizens, we can help obtain permanent residency for the following relatives:

  • Spouses
  • Parents
  • Unmarried children 21 and younger

Other relatives may also be able to obtain a green card through a "family preference category." This is available to:

  • Unmarried children 21 and older, including adopted children and stepchildren
  • Married children, regardless of age
  • Siblings (half and step)

For current green card holders, we can help obtain permanent residency for the following relatives:

  • Spouses
  • Unmarried children, regardless of age

All green card applications require careful planning and completion of required forms, as well as supporting documentation. We assist in all aspects of these applications to help our clients obtain their green cards as quickly as possible.

There are other ways to obtain permanent residency, including through refugee or asylum status. We may be able to help you if you fear violence or persecution in your home country.

You Don't Have to Navigate the System Alone

To learn more about how our attorneys can help your loved one obtain a family-based green card, call our firm at 617-426-8100 or send an email.

Client Reviews
Lesley did a wonderful job for us. Her attention to detail and thoroughness paved the way for a successful outcome of our case. We are very pleased with her staff as well and I would definitely recommend her. Ryan Currin
Estoy bien contento con mi abogada. Porque tienen experiencia, responsabilidad y profecionalismo. Y les doy gracias por haverme alludado en mis asuntos legales, se los recomiendo que ellos te alludaran sin ningun problema. Sin dudarlo ve y compruebalo tu mismo. Ya se los e recomendado a mis amigos. Gracias a la abogada Lesley y a todo su personal por haver hecho mis sueños realidad. Luis
I've been with lesly houser since 2001, she managed my immagration status for me and my family and also some friends i recomended to go to her. I definitely recommend her for any immagration case. Daniel