Nonimmigrant Visas And Labor Certification
O'Neil & Hauser P.C. is a Boston-based immigration and naturalization firm providing legal representation and counsel to both foreign business professionals and employers seeking to attract foreign talent. As one of Boston's most established immigration law firms, businesses throughout New England and workers around the world seeking to work here have obtained our seasoned and efficient legal counsel.Guiding Employers Through the Labor Certification Process
In order to legally recruit and hire non-U.S. citizen workers, businesses must first make several demonstrations to the federal government. These include showing that there are not enough citizen workers with the requisite qualifications to perform the functions of a job and that hiring a foreign worker would not adversely affect U.S. citizens performing similar work.
This process is known as Program Electronic Review Management (PERM) and is overseen by the Department of Labor. We assist in all stages of this review and certification process so that businesses may lawfully bring foreign nationals to work in the United States.Representing Noncitizen Workers Seeking to Come to the United States
The other component of our practice in this area is representing foreign workers and international athletes who would like to come to compete in their field, including those in specialty occupations, who wish to come to the U.S. for work-related reasons. Our experienced attorneys and staff can assist you while you seek sponsorship from a U.S.-based employer or after the required sponsorship has been obtained. We help our clients apply for the following visas:
- H-1B Specialty Occupation
- B-1 Visitor for Business/Pleasure
- L-1 Intracompany Transferee
- J-1 Exchange Alien
- O-1 Alien of Extraordinary Ability in arts, sciences, business or athletics
- P-1 Entertainers and Athletes
- E-1, E-2, E-3 Investor Visas
- As a full-service immigration firm, we can assist you with more than the initial application process. For example, if you have a valid H-1B visa, we can help you work toward getting permanent residency (green card).
- Including EB preference green card petitions
- EB-5 Investor green cards
To speak with a lawyer regarding your employment-related immigration needs, send an email or call 617-426-8100. We represent clients throughout Massachusetts and Greater New England.